Everything is better on a stick, just ask José Jalapeño! Usually when you think of a kabob you think of meat and veggies on the grill with fancy sauce. Kabobs can take on any form, including these loaded up and tasty tater tot kabobs! These are great as hors d’oeuvres for a tailgating party, a snack for the kids, or if you just love tater tots, make a meal out of them! Follow this super easy recipe for some delicious spuds on a stick!
1 bag of frozen tater tots
10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled 1 C. grated Colby jack cheese 1 Tbsp. ranch seasoningKabob skewers
1. Cook the tater tots according to the package directions. Do not undercook them–they will fall apart when you try to skewer them. You want them to be a nice golden brown as the crispness on the outside helps hold them together.
2. Allow the tater tots to cool before handling them.
3. Stick the tater tots on the skewers and lay them out on a baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon, cheese, and ranch seasoning.
5. Place them back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
You can serve these with any kind of dip! Choose ketchup, ranch, a good chip dip, or even BBQ sauce. This is one of those super simple yet fantastic recipes that disappears fast, so if you’re making them for a tailgating party you may want to double or even triple the batch. Plan to make this your go-to party recipe because everyone will be asking for them. With few ingredients, this simple and inexpensive dish is perfect!
What is your favorite party or tailgating food? Share your delicious recipes with us in the comments below!