Pizza + nachos = amazing!!!! These two foods are fantastic on their own but when you put them together, you have a whole new kind of snack that will blow your mind. The best part is, you can even make them over the campfire! Get creative with the toppings on these pizza nachos, where two great worlds collide over a campfire!
- Yellow Tortilla Chips (they’re hardier than their white counterpart and will hold up better)
- Pizza Sauce
- Diced Onion
- Pepperoni, quartered
- Green Peppers, diced
- Ham, diced
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Anything else you love on your pizza!
- Cast Iron Skillet
1. Place a layer of tortilla chips in the bottom of the skillet and top with some pizza sauce. Add the cheese and toppings you want, and then repeat layers until you have the amount you want to make!
2. Cook over the fire until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through!
This is a super simple recipe that will produce all kinds of smiles around the campfire! You can mix and match the toppings and try different types of cheeses as well. You can even try adding cooked chicken with Alfredo sauce and bacon and maybe even some broccoli! You could even try this garlic Parmesan cream sauce in place of the pizza sauce (or in addition to it!).
Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
This is great as a pizza topping, a dip, or even over pasta! The cheesy garlicky flavor will leave your taste buds wanting more, so even if this recipe makes a bit more than what you’ll need for nachos, it’s worth having extra!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan (Shred it yourself, it makes a huge difference)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the olive oil. Once the mixture is hot, sauté the garlic and red pepper flakes until the garlic is softened.
2. Mix the flour into the saucepan until it’s combined with the butter & olive oil.
3. Add the half and half and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened.
4. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted!
Now pour this deliciousness over your nachos and reserve some for dipping! Then if you have any left you can whip up some pasta for the next day! And for dessert, try this tasty blackberry campfire cobbler recipe!